Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dominus Vobiscum Tripel

Maybe it was the snow today, or maybe it was the two lousy light lagers I had this afternoon, I'm not sure... but something told me it was the right time to drink this beer. I've been holding on to it for about 6 months, and I think the little bit of age did it some good. A lot of reviews I've read of this beer describe it as a bit hot, the alcohol was definately there, but seemed to blend well with some herbal hops in the finish. Dominus Vobiscum Triple is produced in Quebec by Microbrasserie Charlevoix. The beer pours a goldenrod colour, fairly bright and with a large creamy head. Aromas are orangey, spicy and yeasty. Flavour is some sweet honey malts, wheat, yeast and zesty citrus. As noted alcohol comes out a bit in the finish as well as some hops. Carbonation was tight fine bubbles, the mouthfeel was medium. I felt it came together well. (Rating 4) The beer is bottle conditioned and comes in brown 500ml, capped bottles. Hopefully I'll get a chance to revisit this beer, and the rest of the Dominus Vobiscum line in the future.

No comments: